This is really niggling me.

Sapins 13:55 30 Jul 04

I have auto-complete for e-mail addresses enabled and it was working fine until I accidentally typed a password on to the end of one of my e-mail addresses when choosing the address to log in to a free games site, and now when I type the first letter of the address it gives me the option of using the one with the addition on the end as well. How can I delete the unwanted entry? Using IE 6.0 and Outlook Express with XP Home.

Regards,

Sapins.

Stuartli 14:07 30 Jul 04

Delete the address in your Address Book and type in the correct version in the Add (new) address forms.

Sapins 15:01 30 Jul 04

Hi stuartli, My e-mail addresses are still in the address book in their original form. The ones I am trying to get rid of appeared when I tried to log in to the tombola web site as follows;

login/enter e-mail address/I type first letter and auto complete kicks in but instead of going to the second line, enter password, I mistakenly stayed on the same line and typed in my password on to the e-mail address, now when I type in the first letter of the e-mail address it gives me the option of choosing the correct one or the wrong one with the password on the end. I want to get rid of the wrong one so it no longer pops up when I type the first letter.

Sapins 15:15 30 Jul 04

I've managed to sort it out.

Went to IE/tools/Internet options/content/AutoComplete/cleared forms and passwords. Went back to tombola site, typed in my e-mail address and password and hey presto typing in first letter gives me the full address to click on.

Thanks for your reply, appreciate your time.

Regards,

Sapins.

Stuartli 17:34 30 Jul 04

I don't know what the tombola website is, but I presume that you've deleted a cookie and then created a new one whilst on the site.

That's why your address book didn't come into the equation as suggested in your thread...:-)

Otherwise I would probably have suggested what you did in the end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…