real-time scanning

brigtoo 19:09 14 Jun 07

at the moment i have real-time scanning on my pc with windows defender and avg anti-spyware. i am considering paying for ad-aware plus and a2 which also have real-time scanning.
has anybody got experience of running all these together creating problems or am i going for overkill even if they do run without conflicts.

Diodorus Siculus 19:26 14 Jun 07

Overkill is my immediate response; there is no need for all this unless you are spending all your time on dodgy sites :)

brigtoo 22:38 14 Jun 07

dont go onto dodgy sites but i must have a paranoid fear of being spied on. after some thought , i agree it would be overkill.

skidzy 22:56 14 Jun 07

Personally i think you do not need to pay for the full versions,i would just add Spywareblaster as a blocker just incase anything does get by the realtime scanners. Needs manual updating. click here

Ive also found Spywareterminator to be better than AVGAS and ST offers 100% realtime protection for free
click here

teletoter 00:28 16 Jun 07

No such thing as overkill when it comes to security! There are bad people out there, some of them may even use this site!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…