Real time scanner and Kaspersky Internet Security

tAtu*! 12:02 06 Feb 11

Hi all

I have KIS 2011 and MBAM (Free). Does anyone know if I use the paid for version of MBAM or Hitman pro (Paid for) will effect KIS2011? I want real time prtection from possible 'drive by' attempts.

Thanks guys

T

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:28 06 Feb 11

KIS has its own realtime antispy and antimalware scanner

any others will cause conflicts

Malwarebytes free as a backup scanner is good enough

birdface 12:51 06 Feb 11

I have to disagree with Fruit Bat /\0/\ on this one as no security suite will stop everything and definitely not a drive by trojan.
I use Emisoft Anti-Malware with AVG pay for anti virus with no problems but you would want to get advice from anyone that uses Kaspersky.
Not sure if you would need both of those mentioned I know that Malwarebytes pro version would probably stop it not sure about Hitman pro whether it gives full time protection or not as it is the new kid on the block and has only been out since last year I believe.
Everybody has there own way of choosing the protection that they need it is not until you get invaded by one of those drive by trojan downloads that you know that the protection that you have is not enough.
A few folk on here use Acronis to back up there system and it works out cheaper than buying new security programs.
If they get infected they just back up their computer using Acronis to when it was running Ok.
Now Fruit Bat /\0/\ is a bit of an expert on computer problems and repairs so his advice is always heeded.
It is just that I have been hit by one or rather a couple of those what I call drive by trojan downloaders and you really have to be quick to be able to stop them.
But the choice is yours if you google for Coupon codes for Malwarebytes you can always get it £5 cheaper and I do believe it is a one off payment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced