real time rendering from video card?

rsturbo 11:44 03 Feb 03

is there a card that does real time rendering of camcorder dv video?
if so name supplier and cost would be really helpful. thanks for any help

stlucia 13:40 03 Feb 03

In my (limited) experience, straight downloading of the dv from the camera is done in real time, but rendering -- by which I presume you mean converting it (after editing, perhaps) into a different file format for recording onto a vcd, dvd, etc. -- is not done in real time, and can take hours depending on the specification of your PC.

My 600MHz machine with a pretty basic video card takes about 15 minutes for each minute of finished file. Faster PC and better video card will presumably do it faster, by why do you need real time anyway? You only need that when you're playing it back.

MichelleC 14:04 03 Feb 03

The rendering process is down to having the best software. The editing makers use various ways to render faster. Ulead, Pinnacle and Sonic Foundry (I use) are good. To cut rendering times devote as much ram to it as poss, no av's etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…