Real Time Anti-Spyware

cocteau48 10:12 31 Dec 06

Plenty of great advice on the forum re:antispyware and how you should use at least two different progs but when it comes to real time antispyware (windows defender/spyware terminator/ AVG antispyware etc)is it daft or over cautious or even inviting conflict problems between progs to have more than one running at the same time and if you are to choose just one - which one?

Technotiger 10:17 31 Dec 06

Hi, one can never be too carefull, and what one program misses, another picks up - I think that is the reasoning behind most Forum members opinions. I am sure you are already aware, having seen Forum advice, that some 'duplicates' do conflict, but this problem is easily avoided -i.e. not more than two Anti-virus for instance.

Happy New Year.

skidzy 10:20 31 Dec 06

"i.e. not more than two Anti-virus for instance".

Surely you meant to write,no more than one Antivirus.

Technotiger 10:23 31 Dec 06

ooops - yes you are correct, that is what I meant .. and I haven't even had a New Years drinkies yet :-)

skidzy 10:28 31 Dec 06

Look like your in for good night then Techno :-)))

All the best Techno.

Halmer 10:32 31 Dec 06
  birdface 10:32 31 Dec 06

I use A.V.G Anti-Virus+spyware,I think they do a great job,I also have back up programs that I very seldom run.Adaware SE Plus and Xoftspy,I also have Windows Defender which I dont know what it does,Found nothing at all,But keep it just in case one day it might,You might think a little over the top,But you can't be too carefull nowadays, better safe than sorry,It might slow the computer down a bit, But its still fast enough for me,

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:35 31 Dec 06

Use one realtime scanner --- Defender
and a blocker --- SpywareBlaster
with a backup scanner --- Adaware run every few days.
All kept uptodate or otherwise useless.

Not had a critical object found for the last couple of years even when triple checked with A2 and Ewido.

I run the first three on one system and others on another and use them all for cleaning other peoples systems when they come to me with problems.

Stuartli 12:27 31 Dec 06

Don't forget Search and Destroy..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced