Real Player won't connect !

Mabinogion 02:16 08 Jan 07

Hi
I have been trying to connect to Real Player as I have just downloaded the latest free version onto my new pc and it won't connect at all to Real.com I have got it installed on the laptop and it works ok but when I went to play a music file from one of the news items on the BBC home page it was supposed to have been played with Real Player but the one installed on the pc was the very old version and that wouldn't work either so I tried to download it from their site but it just said I wasn't connected and to check my internet connection so I downloaded the newer version from the Computeractive Website and it downloaded ok but just coming up to the end of the 'completion' of the thing it said to check my internet connections again and so back to square one. I have checked the firewall and bits and bobs like that but no good ~ Windows Medial Player is ok but some files on some webpages will only use R/Player ~ so any suggestions please? I am on Orange Broadband.
Thanks
Kath

brundle 02:33 08 Jan 07

Try downloading the file again (click here) or try RealAlternative; (click here)

Mabinogion 21:21 08 Jan 07

Hi
I have just tried to first link you gave me but it's exactly the same as the one I did and it gets to the part where it says 'Contacting Real Network to finish completion' and it then tells me I am not connceted and it asks in another box 'Allready Connected?' Try again !!! and it just keet telling me I am not connected so it's obviously something to do with my settings for the Internet B/Band or something so I will now try the other link.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…