Real Player and Windows Media Player

penholder 01:05 15 May 05

Have both players installed on Windows XP machine with SP2
Have IE latest version installed
Also have Mozilla Firefox installed.
Can use both media players to access radio stations such as BBC, Capital and Classic FM when using Firefox.
However when using IE, I cannot listen to the radio stations listed above. I get an error message saying cannot find server. Do not understand why.
Any ideas why this should be?
Any answers? What do I need to do to rectify this?
Thanks in advance

ACOLYTE 02:18 15 May 05

In my opinion you dont need real player it is to intrusive just the plugin/codec for it so WMP can play them i have downloaded this click here

and it play most anything i wont with WMP 10.

penholder 10:42 15 May 05

To listen to BBC radio, Real Player is required.
Will BBC radio pplay using your recommendation?

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 11:32 15 May 05

I believ3e if you uninstall real player and install k-lite pack u still wont be a ble to listen to radio on bbc world site as real player is required well it dont for me

ACOLYTE 12:20 15 May 05

It should have the real player lite pack with the download this should be able to play real files and the radio, but as i dont listen to BBC radio i cant be certain.

Joe R 12:24 15 May 05

penholder,

this should do what you require. I've used this for a while now, and it also works with I.E.

Stuartli 12:41 15 May 05

The main reason why Real Player is intrusive is because most people don't configure it properly.

If you don't then it does, indeed, become a pain.

Re codecs - I use WMP10, Nero ShowTime, Irfanview (to play MP3 files as well as use with pix files), Real Player, RealAlternative and QuickTime Alternative and also have the WMP codecs pack and K-Lite's standard codecs pack on my system.

There's very little I can't listen to or watch whatever the source.

Joe R 12:44 15 May 05

Oops, sorry penholder,

forgot to post the link. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple