Real Player

thumbscrew 13:04 12 Apr 08

My dvd player seems to have been hijacked by Real Player. Previously when I inserted a dvd or cd I'd get a box up that displayed all my players. Windows Media, Real Player etc and I could choose by highlighting which one I wanted to use...I always chose Windows Media. However, now when I insert, all I get is a box with Real Player inside...nothing else, the others are not displayed. I'd like to keep Real Player, but would like the options box back. Can anyone tell me how to retrieve it?

bionicle 13:21 12 Apr 08

Open Windows media player,then click on tools then options then click on the file types and select DVD playback.

Diodorus Siculus 13:22 12 Apr 08

Open my computer

right click the DVD drive

choose properties

ensure the radio button for "prompt me each time to choose an action" is selected.

Real player however can be very aggressive in defending it's position...

thumbscrew 13:37 12 Apr 08

Thanks both,tried both suggestions but didn't work...still getting only the Real Player option

sunny staines 13:44 12 Apr 08

goto "set programs" and set media player as default.

thumbscrew 13:47 12 Apr 08

Thanks sunny staines, I've set WMP as default now using its own settings.However I wouldn't mind the multi options box back if possible and am wondering why it disappeared.

pj123 15:39 12 Apr 08

"I'd like to keep Real Player"

May I suggest that you get rid of Real Player (which has been said is very aggressive and takes over a lot of media files) and opt for Real Alternative.

A very much smaller program and does not take over resources.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…