Real One Player Problem

Pesala 08:56 27 Oct 03

To watch the BBC One TV News click here I would like to close the menu click here but it doesn't work. I get a page with the following error message:

Page Not Found.
This might be because you typed the web address incorrectly. Please check the address and spelling ensuring that it does not contain capital letters or spaces.

It is possible that the page you were looking for may have been moved, updated or deleted.

Please click the back button to try another link.

Or
Visit the BBC News Home Page.
Visit the BBC Sport Home Page.
Explore our full list of sites and services.

I'm using Windows ME and Real One Player version 2.0

Pesala 19:09 27 Oct 03

(~_~)

christmascracker 19:15 27 Oct 03

Just tried both your "click here's" and got the same as you.

A_World_Maker 19:22 27 Oct 03

I tried your 1st click_me and that worked fine, realplayer openned up and began the broadcast, but the 2nd click_me wouldn't do more than the Page Not Found, but it was a BBC webpage not an error 404.

A_World_Maker 19:26 27 Oct 03

I maybe confused here, but is your main problem realplayer not working?

Pesala 19:34 27 Oct 03

The problem is with the BBC News only. On the left is a menu of the main news items so that you can skip to what interests you. If you want to watch the news at its full size, you click on the link at the bottom of the menu to close the menu.

When I do this I get the error, and the menu remains open. So the Real One Player takes up twice as much space as it needs to do.

I can watch the 256K version without the menu, but my 150K connection is really not up to the job, and the programme keeps getting interrupted. If possible I like to get the 34K service working properly.

Pesala 19:27 29 Oct 03

Maybe it is just for today, but this link click here has no menus so the news displays at full size in Real One Player. This doesn't explain why the link led to an error message.

Perhaps it is just a question of needing a different link for the recorded program ???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…