Real Alternative Player

tonyx1302 12:26 24 Apr 06

I have just ticked as resolved my previous post regarding media players but now have another related problem.
Before trying to watch anything on the BBC web page it told me I needed to download RealPlayer which I did, but found that that connection keeps keeps stopping and needs to re buffer or Communication as they put it
On seeking advice from the forum it was suggested that I dump R/Player and use a better prog called Real Alternative which I have.

The problem now is when I connect to the Beeb website it tries to run in Realplayer (which I thouhgt I had deleted) and doesn't acknowledge R/Alternative.Does the beeb website only run in R/player if not,how can I make in run in my preferred media player R/Alternative?

I ticked all the correct boxes when d/loading R/Alt to make it my default player

Tony

anskyber 12:35 24 Apr 06

It will do. The real alternative looks identical when playing. I use it to watch the BBC weather forcast as you do.

anskyber 12:36 24 Apr 06

Sorry, I should have added just ask it to play in real player when prompted even though you do not have it anymore. Confusing eh!

tonyx1302 15:08 24 Apr 06

Sorry for the delay anskyber but got a little side tracked. Thanks for your help and yes it did keep asking me to play in RealPlayer.All very confusing but could you please tell me, should the progs, The Apprentice etc that I want to watch be as on the tv ? I get photo flashes with the commentory in the back ground. Shouldn't it be continuos streaming

Thanks in anticipation

Tony

anskyber 19:43 24 Apr 06

Are you on Broadband? It could be a streaming speed issue

tonyx1302 19:55 24 Apr 06

Yes I am on B/B and since my last post I have run Eastenders (!!!!!!!!!!!!) from the Beeb site and it was brilliant....the connection not the prog and didn't lose the connection at all so I will stick with R/Alt and have dumped R/Player & Q/Time
I will leave this post open for a while so hopefully you will see my response

Thank you for all your help

Tony

anskyber 20:05 24 Apr 06

Good news, enjoy the new facility!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…