Reaktek HD Audio

Kaacee 20:17 12 Oct 07

The audio sound from my realtek is connected via my monitor, this works fine but the sound is rather "tinny", i have tried to route the sound through 2 standalone speakers by disconnecting the line out to the monitor and replacing it with the lineout from the speakers, but even though the volume is turned fully on, i can only just hear sound from the speakers.

The speakers worked well on my previous desktop so i just wondered if someone could point me in the right direction to get these working on my new pc.

I dont want symphony orchestra sound, but i would appreciate a little bit better quality than what i am currently getting via my monitor built in speakers.

Thank you

Technotiger 20:20 12 Oct 07

You probably need Powered speakers.

Kaacee 20:32 12 Oct 07

Technotiger

Yes i thought of that and would agree but for the fact they worked on my old pc and they wernt powered then.......

woodchip 20:37 12 Oct 07

Connect your HiFi then it should be ok. Can you close your other thread as you only need one running. thank's

Kaacee 20:44 12 Oct 07

woodchip

Sorry but what do you mean "connect HiFi" ?

woodchip 20:58 12 Oct 07

If you have a Hi-Fi unit connect that to the line out on the computer. Other than that you need powered Speakers, As it's the built in Amp that gives you volume. I have some powered that just works of my Laptop USB. No need to connect to mains through an adapter Some hear from Dell
£10 click here

Kaacee 21:11 12 Oct 07

thank you woodchip fully understand now...

much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…