*****READ****Sasser Worm**MILLIONS INVECTED

tony1160 01:42 05 May 04

thought i'd post this as ive been fixing some pc's today who had this hijackar-and Its Variants,loads of them.
If your having trouble with internet or certain programs click here to check you pc click here
and of corse you'll need this click here to remove and update your o/s.....

better serf than be hijacked ,respect to all

Cook2 01:53 05 May 04

Download Avast Cleaner which detects and cleans Sasser worm. click here

tony1160 01:57 05 May 04

avast maybe good but this sasser version which was released 03/05/2004**Sasser Worm Reined But Variants Sprout ** ,isnt included just yet so best to click my first links above ,just incase

Cook2 02:02 05 May 04

Yep, you're right there tony1160.

So far Avast Cleaner covers only the following variants...

Win32:Sasser [Wrm] (variants A-D)

But check daily for updates and you'll probably find more assed.

tony1160 02:03 05 May 04

i was'nt asking for help sorry ,just offering

ened 07:15 05 May 04

I updated with windows.com at the weekend.
Do I still need to worry?

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:21 05 May 04

It is not the end of the world, the virus will do no harm to home computers and is nothing to worry about. If you have updated your AV and downloaded the MS patch you will be more than protected. There is a wealth of info in this earlier thread.......click here

G

Forum Editor 07:22 05 May 04

and if you have previously visited the Windows update site and downloaded the critical update 835732 you are protected against Sasser and its variants.

tony1160 16:22 05 May 04

it seems that you cant even post advise to help other's,,,the only reason i posted this one is because a very large number of questions on the site point to this problem.
so i thought i'd post this as we all know if your pc's RPC gets invected it will cause plenty of problems ,like programs not working,not been able to access system tools,user accounts.................

Gaz 25 16:51 05 May 04

Any one who is infected can see: click here for more information.

And... you can download the small removal tool that does its job nicely, but is only a small download:

click here

- Have a problem with it?

FAQ....

Sasser_remove is detected by my Antivirus?

Yes, just allow the script to run. This is common and is just asking if yuo would like to let the script delete the viral files. The script is safe, promise.

Will it damage my computer?

Nope, its been tested. It only deletes virus files.

Can it detect all variants of Sasser?

Yup. ;-)

How can I ask a question?

E-mail me, or post back.

TommyRed 17:20 05 May 04

I've got the Avast Virus Cleaner, how do you update it? I have the sasser patch from MS so I'm not concerned but would like to include this on my daily updates. TIA TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…