Reading Jpeg files on domestic DVD players

TheGnome 15:27 25 Jul 04

I am thinking of buying a DVD recorder to replace my VTR. Some of them are said to be able to accept Jpeg. What I want to know is, can the pictures to be read remain in a folder as they are on my PC or must I make them into a slide show or somesuch before they can be read?

cga 15:36 25 Jul 04

I have not tried with the JPEG's in separate folders but you can just dump JPEG's on a CD and they will play on a DVD player with a JPEG decoder. No need to make a slideshow and, for JPEGS, a CD is fine as you probably would not be able to index through the numbers you could get on a DVD.

woodchip 15:42 25 Jul 04

Some you can see as folders and open on others it just shows the Jpegs. Make sure it can read Jpegs and kodak picture format. on CDR and CDRW

TheGnome 16:18 25 Jul 04

Thanks both. The trouble with dumping them all to a CD without the folder is that some of them are sure to have the same name, so I'll no doubt be asked if I want to replace one with the other

woodchip 16:25 25 Jul 04

If you use Ulead Photo Explorer 8, I got a free version from a disc. but you may find another program that can do batch converstion of File numbers

cga 16:33 25 Jul 04

You might be OK in Folders - I have just never tried. It has to be worth the cost of a blank CD.

I normally use a rename program to rename my photos with the date and a sequence number

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…