reading files on cdrw

BILGERAT 11:39 07 Nov 04

A friend has just copied a file to a memorex cdrw for me, inserted the disc in my laptop and it is not there, put it back in his laptop, yo it is.

Whats happening

pj123 11:50 07 Nov 04

1. Has your laptop got a CD/RW drive or just a CD Rom? A CD Rom drive cannot read a CD/RW disk.

2. Was the CD/RW disk formatted, if so do you have InCD installed on your laptop?

BILGERAT 12:21 07 Nov 04

it is a dvd/rw cd/rw drive and i do have in cd installed. I can read some of the files on there which I have copied previously but not all

Confab 12:25 07 Nov 04

CD Rom drives can read CDRW's it just depends on how the CDRW was created. If the CDRW was formatted and the file was dragged and dropped on to the RW then you'll need UDF reader software installed to read it. If the file was created in Roxio the just type Roxio UDF reader in Google and download the file. The same applies for NERO.

Alternatively see if your friend can erase the CDRW and burn the CD as a data type. You'll probably be able to see this file on your laptop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…