Reading a FAT32 Floppy on A NFTS System

Crookie 14:37 25 Feb 05

I have newly installed Microsoft Money 2005 on my Windows XP computer and wish to use data on my backup floppy from my old Win 98SE computer. Off course, the Data is in FAT32 and THe Money App is in NTFS file systems. How do I get the data from the floppy into my Money 2005 App?
Can anyone help?
Bill

Robotic_Rob 14:40 25 Feb 05

It works just like normal. The only problem with filing systems is tryin to read NFTS with an old operating system. Other than that is straight forward copying and pasting. So you shouldnt have any problems

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:41 25 Feb 05

NTFS will read a FAt32 disk without any problems.

NTFS is just the way the files are stored on the disk not the format of the file itself.

Chegs ® 15:06 25 Feb 05

Also,the filesystem on the floppy is FAT(FAT32 can only be used with larger than 1.25 floppies)NTFS can read FAT(16)(32)etc,but not the other way about.Linux will read any filesystem(just to give you a bigger headache... )

Crookie 00:07 26 Feb 05

Thanks guys for your replies. All very pertinent, but I managed to resolve the problem by coppying the floppy to my hard disk. I then just opened the backup from My Documents and the system as one of you suggested, just loadedall the data into Money 2005.
Thanks for your help and so long
Bill

woodchip 00:24 26 Feb 05

I have both 98se and XP and they do not agree on Floppy discs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…