reading e-mails from different accts in one acct

rins36 22:58 28 Aug 03

It gets frustrating night after night having to log in all the e-mail accounts that I have, is it possible to have all my mail diverted to my BTOpenworld e-mail account

Thanks in advance for any tips on this

jazzypop 23:01 28 Aug 03

Which email program are you using - Outlook Express?

Which ISPs do you have an account with?

How do you currently access your email accouns?

FRANKMAC 23:17 28 Aug 03

I have BT Openworld and have 4 different email accounts from different providers, and they are all recevieved via BT Openworld, just set them up as seperate accounts. You wiil need all the details ....pop server etc....

rins36 23:19 28 Aug 03

jazzypop

I have the following e-mail accounts:

talk21.....log in with username & password yahoo......log in with username & password

I used to access the btinternet one via incredimail, but as that has failed i go via
e-mail on the btopenworld home page

Never used Outlook express

rins36 23:22 28 Aug 03

FRANKMAC

Hi where do I get the pop server info from? And how do i set them up as seperate accts?

Switcher 23:23 28 Aug 03

If you are using Outlook express you can view all your mail by entering the details of each account and and under TOOLS Accounts Mail Properties General tick the Box to Include this account etc..

To be able to send mail from any of these accounts using just one ISP ensure that under TOOLS Accounts Mail Properties Server you enter the smtp details of the ISP that you use to connect to web.

This works with any of my ISPs though I believe that BT might be a bit peculiar.

jazzypop 23:32 28 Aug 03

The best way to view multiple email accounts 'under one roof' is to use an email program, such as Outlook Express (which comes pre-installed as part of Windows).

You willneed to provide the following information for each email account, which should be provided by the ISPs on their Help pages -

account username
account password
pop3 address
smtp address

You will also need to provide your BT Openworld telephone number, account name and password.

The first time you open Outlook Express, you will be prompeted to provide your ISP details - give the BT details.

Then, go to Tools > Accounts > Add, and follow the prompts.

When you press end/receive (within OE), it will automatically go and check each email account.

It is a while since I used Outlook Express myself - I think that you will still have to logon to Yahoo's website to read the Yahoo mail, but the others should be fine.

jz 23:47 28 Aug 03

>I think that you will still have to
>logon to Yahoo's website to read the
>Yahoo mail

I get email from my Yahoo account into Outlook Express with POP3, no problems. You have to say yes to Yahoo sending you occasional emails, but they are very occasional, less than once a month for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…