Reading documents.

bretsky 18:04 25 Oct 04

Hi people, I am sending word 2000 documents via email(attachments) to various people. Am I right in saying, if I make the document read only the recipient will not be able to alter the document in any way shape or form, if that is NOT the case, how do I make this possible? because, some of my docs are being formatted in not way I have typed them.(Odd lines not where they should be)

Hope this makes sense.

bretsky ;0)

Alan2 19:40 25 Oct 04

When I need to do this I convert the Word, or any other, document to PDF.

bretsky 21:20 25 Oct 04

Yes of course, thank you for that.

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 21:23 25 Oct 04

Which one do you use?

bretsky ;0)

Simsy 21:54 25 Oct 04

though there are techniques to "break through" is to need a password to modify the file...

When you save the file, when you get the "Save as" dialogue box, click the "tools" button, (top right), and choose "general options"

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Simsy

Alan2 22:00 25 Oct 04

I use Jaws PDF Creator from:- click here

I this installs itself as a virtual printer in all Office programs so it is very easy to use. It is not free but relatively cheap.

bretsky 22:22 25 Oct 04

Thanx for the replies people, have taken on board both suggestions.

Thanx again for your help!

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…