Reading *.dbx files

Blott 23:13 27 Dec 03

As always, being a concientious person - I regularly back up my emails, usually once a month prior to a sort out and deleting all I don't want.

Recently I wanted to look back at a couple of emails, but couldn't find a programme to open the files from the back up CD.

The only option I could think of (I didn't do it) was to put the backup files back into the Windows/Applications .... etc and open them in OE.

But I think that, at worst it would overwrite all my current files and lose a lot of emails, or at best would load them into the current ones, with a horrible sorting and deleting problem to follow.

Does anyone know of a prog that could open backed up emails ?

LastChip 00:14 28 Dec 03

click here

Depending on how you look at it, it's not that expensive either! If you look hard enough, you may even find some freeware to do the job, but you will need to spend some time and search.

DieSse 00:27 28 Dec 03

A free one click here

beeuuem 03:08 28 Dec 03

This D/L click here will give you 30 days to try it out.
With this you can read the mail directly from the the CD.

hoverman 07:05 28 Dec 03

I use thew drag and drop method to save e-mails on to a zip disk. To read one direct from the disk I double-click it and Outlook Express is launched and the message is opened.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…