Reading Data CD's

pip meister general 16:15 08 May 03

i have recently bought a new computer with cd writer. On my old computer i made several data cd's including important work which i wished to load the data from onto my new pc.

However my new computer refuses to read these cd's.

I was wondering how i could solve this problem or if i needed to download or purchase some software to enable me to read the cd's.

The operation system is XP.

Cheers

Pesala 18:56 08 May 03

This is a bit of a long-shot, but I find that CD-Rs created in my CD-RW drive are sometimes rejected by my DVD drive. If you are trying to read your CDs in the DVD drive you might be having similar problems. Try to read them in the CD-RW drive.

Another possible solution, if you still have the old PC, is to install the hard disk in the new one and copy from there.

pip meister general 20:13 08 May 03

ive tried usind the CD-RW is there a way i can solve the problem without having the hastle of moving the hard drive?

grobyman 21:39 08 May 03

I had a cd that held a years worth of digital photos, I was adding further stuff when the machine hung while finalizing. The cd would not be recognised, roxio software stated that it was irrecoverable. I downloaded a program from the above people called cdr diagnostic that enables you to read files off the cd and then copy to file. As a result I managed to get all my photos back. The software is tiny in file size but cost $89, but it was worth it to get this file back.
Hope this helps!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…