Reading corrupt image files

mrt32 17:31 23 Feb 09

I have just installed Samsung PC Studio 3 in order to transfer some image files from my mobile phone onto my computer.

Most of the images have worked fine, but for some reason neither Microsoft Picture Manager nor QuickTime Picture Viewer will read two of them. They are both JPG files and they appear perfectly on my phone screen, so I don't see what the problem would be!

Does anybody have any idea how, or even if it is possible to transfer them intact onto my laptop?

Thanks!

woodchip 19:02 23 Feb 09

You do get them like that as I have had the Problem. All you can do is Delete them

woodchip 19:03 23 Feb 09

You do get them like that as I have had the Problem. All you can do is Delete them. If they work on the Phone then they should open in a Photo Editing Program

mrt32 19:47 23 Feb 09

I tried using an image converter to change the files from JPEGs to other types, but that hasn't worked. What's really frustrating though is that whilst using the converter (Advanced Batch Converter 4.0) the thumbnail preview reads the image and it appears as a tiny thumbnail, but once I click to open it fully, it doesn't appear on screen.

Clearly the images are readable somehow if both my phone and the image preview software can read them! Would something like Adobe Photoshop work or does anyone have other ideas?

MAJ 19:49 23 Feb 09

Try Irfanview. click here

Technotiger 19:58 23 Feb 09

If the pictures are on a Card, not in the phone's own memory, then you could put the card into a card reader on your PC and then probably recover them with click here

Or with the phone connected to PC, the same program might still recover them.

Technotiger 20:01 23 Feb 09

Sorry Type in that link ... should be click here

Technotiger 20:03 23 Feb 09

I even spelt Typo wrong, he he :-)

woodchip 17:40 24 Feb 09

If you copy then to your Hard drive then double on them, your Internet Browser should be able to open them

mrt32 22:12 24 Feb 09

Irfanview hasn't worked, and the recovery program wouldn't read my phone. What do you mean "double on them"? How do I do that?

MAJ 00:41 25 Feb 09

I've had similar problems using Samsung PC Studio 3 when trying to transfer pictures from my brother's mobile phone to his PC. The only way I could get round the problem was to transfer the photos via bluetooth. I found Samsung PC Studio 3 to be very buggy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…