Reading AOL email without AOL

Prewch 18:22 27 Mar 06

I have removed AOL from my computer but kept the AOL PFC. Is there any way I can now read those old saved emails without using an AOL browser?

I have tried Thunderbird but it only reads emails that came via AOL 5 but not AOL 9.

Any ideas?

hzhzhz 21:07 27 Mar 06

You can acces your Aol email by going to click here Mail then sign in. I apologise if I've misunderstood what your after.

hzhzhz 21:09 27 Mar 06

Sorry thats not supposed to be a link. go to aol.com

Koochy 23:38 27 Mar 06

I have AOHELL 9 at home but at work we use the company isp and IE 6 but i am still able to access email at work by going to aol.co.uk Then signing in and using the Email tab

Prewch 08:52 28 Mar 06

Sorry guys. I forgot to mention that I am not a subscriber to AOL any more so going via the email tab on their website with my old screen name and password does not work.

Any more ideas?

micklemouse 10:08 28 Mar 06

Maybe the answer to your question is 'no'?

click here

Diemmess 10:31 28 Mar 06

If you are no longer a subscriber and have uninstalled Aol, then the baby has gone down the plug with the bathwater.

Finding data with a valid Aol is difficult enough since most of it in found under c:\Docs&Settings\All users\Application data\Aol\C_aol 9.0\organize\ ..... and some pretty incomprensible stuff in enormous files.

I think a saved PFC will be just a reference index, the rest may have been deleted.

carper 11:05 28 Mar 06

Just a thought. Have you tried this.
click here
You might just be lucky.
Regards Carper

Prewch 11:16 28 Mar 06

Hi again and thanks for suggestions; even the gloomy ones.

I just thought that since Thunderbird is able to read the really old emails (AOL5 vintage) saved in the PFC/Organise then another reader might be able to access the newer stuff sent and received when I was using AOL 9 which are there in the same PFC.

Regards

prewch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple