Readers top free Anti-Spyware Recommendations

thumbscrew 18:50 PM 17 Sep 12

I've got Avast Anti-Virus, backed up by Malwarebytes free. Until recently I also had Superantispyware free, but uninstalled it after their latest upgrade crashed my machine recently.....BSOD the second time! Can anyone recommend another Anti-Malware? I'm toying with Ad-Aware or Spybot, but have been reading about one from Comodo, that you don't actually install but unzip from Desktop.

thumbscrew 19:15 PM 17 Sep 12

Thanks Jock1e, I was actually looking at that, but it seems that after the 30 day period,there's a charge for removal!

iscanut2 19:54 PM 17 Sep 12

Try AVG Free http://www.filehippo.com/downloadavgantivirus_32/

iscanut2 19:56 PM 17 Sep 12

Sorry, link incomplete...just google AVG Free !

thumbscrew 20:01 PM 17 Sep 12

I'll examine that now...thanks iscanut.

rdave13 20:44 PM 17 Sep 12

I wouldn't install AVG as you already have Avast. Both are antivirus. I'd go for Spybot S&D and untick the box, during installation, for TeaTimer. Nags too much. Click Here.

Legslip 01:01 AM 18 Sep 12

I would go with IDave's suggestion but I run Malwarebytes with superanti-spyware and find that is a good combination. have you tried reinstalling super anti-spyware and see if it runs okay.

I would go with IDave's suggestion but I run Malwarebytes with superanti-spyware and find that is a good combination. have you tried reinstalling super anti-spyware and see if it runs okay.

Legslip 01:02 AM 18 Sep 12

Sorry about all the replies. bloody iPAD!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites