Readers top free Anti-Spyware Recommendations

thumbscrew 18:50 PM 17 Sep 12

I've got Avast Anti-Virus, backed up by Malwarebytes free. Until recently I also had Superantispyware free, but uninstalled it after their latest upgrade crashed my machine recently.....BSOD the second time! Can anyone recommend another Anti-Malware? I'm toying with Ad-Aware or Spybot, but have been reading about one from Comodo, that you don't actually install but unzip from Desktop.

thumbscrew 19:15 PM 17 Sep 12

Thanks Jock1e, I was actually looking at that, but it seems that after the 30 day period,there's a charge for removal!

iscanut2 19:54 PM 17 Sep 12

Try AVG Free http://www.filehippo.com/downloadavgantivirus_32/

iscanut2 19:56 PM 17 Sep 12

Sorry, link incomplete...just google AVG Free !

thumbscrew 20:01 PM 17 Sep 12

I'll examine that now...thanks iscanut.

rdave13 20:44 PM 17 Sep 12

I wouldn't install AVG as you already have Avast. Both are antivirus. I'd go for Spybot S&D and untick the box, during installation, for TeaTimer. Nags too much. Click Here.

Legslip 01:01 AM 18 Sep 12

I would go with IDave's suggestion but I run Malwarebytes with superanti-spyware and find that is a good combination. have you tried reinstalling super anti-spyware and see if it runs okay.

I would go with IDave's suggestion but I run Malwarebytes with superanti-spyware and find that is a good combination. have you tried reinstalling super anti-spyware and see if it runs okay.

Legslip 01:02 AM 18 Sep 12

Sorry about all the replies. bloody iPAD!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…