Reader can't read Smart Media Card

MoiraB 18:54 17 Jul 03

I recently bought a Jessop's 32mb SmartMedia card to use in our Fuji FinePix 2600 camera. I have managed to read the card supplied with the camera in in Hama reader via USB port without problems. I formatted the new card in the camera but the reader will not read it. Any ideas?

I only took the card from its packaging today so shouldn't be damaged but I can't take it back to Jessops as I bought it in Berkshire and we're in Scotland!

jakedawe 19:00 17 Jul 03

Why not take the card AND the card reader in to your local Jessops store and ask them to check it out.

Mike 19:13 17 Jul 03

Jessops have branches in Scotland click here

BRYNIT 21:54 17 Jul 03

It does not matter which branch of jessops you purchased the card from, just take it bake to your local branch and they should be able to check it and replace if found to be faulty.

MoiraB 13:05 18 Jul 03

Thanks folks, I'll take both with me next time I'm in the nearest town with a Jessops.

MoiraB 19:01 24 Jul 03

I took both with me today but Jessops couldn't check the reader as they didn't have the driver, however checked the card on a couple of machines and fine, so concluded that there must be some slight difference between Jessops card and the original Fuji card (i.e. very slightly thicker or something)so they changed it for a Fuji card - problem solved!

Totally-braindead 20:11 24 Jul 03

Never heard of that before but nice of Jessops to replace it with a Fuji card as I presume they're more expensive. Too few places give good service these days. Well done to Jessops.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…