Read speed slow

clueless4768 01:48 04 Apr 03

When copying CD-R direct I had noticed that it was taking ages (writer is 32 speed) to copy - up to 11 mins for a standard audio cd.Underwrite buffer protection would also be displayed
I had thought it was the writer but have since discovered that the read speed on both the writer (max. should be 40) and the dvd drive are running initially at x6 - x8,finally getting to x22 towards the end when writing to the hard drive.
Any ideas?
I am running a HP pavillion 850 mhz AMd Athlon with 128 ram.The only difference is that I am running XP but it had started doing it before upgrade.
The only difference I can think of is that when the Sony writer was put in I had to change the slave/master settings,as the writer was configured as master originally.

AndySD 02:03 04 Apr 03

Go Start then Control Panel choose Change a setting then System, Hardware and then Device Mamager and double click on IDE and make sure both are set to DMA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…