read receipt request not received?

palinka 23:08 21 Dec 04

I sent an email in OE with a request for a read receipt, but the recipient says she didn't see the request. she's inexperienced and may have just panicked when the window appeared and so clicked No without reading it; but is there a setting that prevents the appearance of the window? My OS is ME, hers XP.

no way 23:18 21 Dec 04

Did you send the email to a hotmail or other web-based email account? (as in you dont require a client like MS OE or Mozilla TB) If you did then the receipt request may become obsolete - not all web-based email accounts support them as far as I know

palinka 09:30 22 Dec 04

Thanks. She uses OE but her address is a Yahoo one; would your suggestion apply to that?

Peverelli 10:04 22 Dec 04

If she's using OE then she's probably got the box saying 'never send a read receipt' ticked.
You'll find this box (in Outlook Express) by clicking on Tools > Options - click on the receipts tag and it's about half way down.

georgemac 10:08 22 Dec 04

I would download and install msgtag which will give you automatic receipts click here but the website seems to be down - maybe the service is not working?

palinka 10:23 22 Dec 04

thanks Peverelli - that's what I suspected; I think you have solved the problem. Thanks for the suggestion georgemac, I already use msgtag, but it doesn't work for group mailings, which is when I resort to the "read receipt" method.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…