Read only progs - unistalling/deleting them

rins36 22:06 25 Aug 03

been going through programs on my computer & found out by looking in properties of the item it is read only

Is there an easy & simple way to uninstall/delete these off the computer?

Thanks in advance

krypt1c 22:12 25 Aug 03

What do you mean by 'going through programs on my computer'. The usual way to uninstall progs is via settings > control panel > add/remove programs

jazzypop 22:19 25 Aug 03

If you mean a program's .exe file, that seems perfectly sensible to me - why would the system want to write to an exe file?

I'm also puzzled why you want to remove a program because it is read-only.

rins36 23:17 25 Aug 03

this posting relates to click here

I want to know how to delete these of the comp now they are 'read only' files & they are taking up space on the comp

Hope this explains my situ a little bit more

krypt1c 23:26 25 Aug 03

Have you tried re-installing, and then removing ?

rins36 23:37 25 Aug 03

krypt1c

Yes thought about doing that, but having done that before with other things it made the problem worse

krypt1c 23:52 25 Aug 03

I've just done a search on my PC [Running W2000Pro]for *install.log* and found a few for various progs i've installed. Checked the properties of a few of them and the read only option & the archive option are both unticked. Might be worth you doing a similar search & check.

rins36 00:34 26 Aug 03

krypt1c

Just gone via 'Run' & typed in 'Install log' & deleted the progs that i wanted deleted, now going to do a shut down/reboot & see wht the outcome is

Thanks for the tip

Will post back with result

rins36 20:37 26 Aug 03

krypt1c

I have managed to delete everything that I wanted to delete apart from the 'Sureclean Recycle Bin' that is now a folder on the desktop.

Tried everything to delete it but it just will not delete for some reason, any advice on this would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

rins36 21:32 26 Aug 03

up

jazzypop 22:09 26 Aug 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…