gel 12:05 25 Nov 05

I have a problem with Ducuments which are 'read-only'
I untick the tick in the box= tick apply then Ok, but when I look again the documents attributes still has a tick in the 'read-only' box
Any ideas please

handful 12:08 25 Nov 05

Is the problem with email attachments or files on cd? If so, save them to My Documents or somewhere on your hard drive and they should no longer be 'read only'.

gel 12:26 25 Nov 05

Hello 'handful'
I have no problem using the files in 'My Documents'
But I have loaded photos into My Pictures and then tried to use them in Photo2VCD to make a CD for showing on a DVD.
I get a message when I click Create VCD whick says ' the build path is read only'
Any suggestions please

mgmcc 12:41 25 Nov 05

Make sure the "My Pictures" folder itself isn't set as Read Only, as the attribute can be applied to all files within the folder and this will overrule any changes you make.

You may need to go right to the top of the folder hierarchy to ensure that a Read Only setting isn't being passed down through folders, sub-folders and files.

britto 13:17 25 Nov 05

I use this small utillity it will work on whole folders or single files and can work from the right clik menu
click here

gel 14:17 25 Nov 05

Hello 'britto'
Thank you.
I down loaded 'croa 1.5' and applied it to 'my pictures' with the following result
50 items found
0 were read only
0 successfully changed
And the folders still say'read-only'

GroupFC 14:46 25 Nov 05

I don't think that you can change the attributes of the "my pictures" folder, but as usual I stand to be corrected.

gel, one possible solution may be to copy the pictures to a newly created folder (remembering to change the attributes from read only, if necessary!) and then load them into the software and then try and create the VCD.

gel 15:01 25 Nov 05

Hello 'GroupF C' and thank you,
I have created a new folder and un ticked the box 'read only'-ticked apply clicked OK Then when I raise the folder again it says ' read only' even before I move any pictures to it

GroupFC 15:19 25 Nov 05

Yes - I have just tried the same with the same result - however the files in the folder (such as spreadsheets, word docs, pictures etc.) don't have the same attributes as the folder.

If you check one of the pictures you are loading into Photo2VCD, are the attributes of that particular file shown as read only?

Another idea, have you tried checking the program's help files to see if they give any ideas about the message?

ACOLYTE 15:25 25 Nov 05

I have just checked my pic's inside my pictures folder and none of them are read only,despite the folder itself bieng set to read only,maybe its aproblem with the app you are using to copy them to cd?.

Newuser4165 15:27 25 Nov 05

Have you seen this article.The latest windows update caused a folder attribute problem:-
click here;en-us;256614

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…