Read Only Files in Word - How to open them?

Border View 10:24 03 Jan 04

I would like to make a calendar and after searching this site saw that you could do it in Word.

I am running Windows 98SE and have Office 97. When I opened new file in word , options etc. Calendar wasnt there. So to install it I copied it from the ValuPack\Templates folder to the Templates\other documents folder on my hard drive. The calendar is now there when I open new file etc. but it is a "read only" file and wont let me change anything or print off.

Can anyone please take me through the steps to get this to be a workable file and not just a read file.

Many thanks

User-312386 10:31 03 Jan 04

find the file, make a copy of it 1st and put it in your docs

Now right click the file and select properties, now untick the read only part

Border View 11:11 03 Jan 04

Many thanks for responding. I did just as you suggested and thought I had cracked it, but when I had made my changes and came to print off - nothing. I simply dont know where I'm going wrong. Think I shall go into downloads and get a calendar software there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…