Read-only files

Truronian 18:54 PM 09 Sep 11

I have saved some Word and Excel files to CD but now that I want to delete them, I find that they are all shown as "Read-Only" and i am unable to remove them. I have tried the Help files without any joy. Any suggestions, please?

chub_tor 19:02 PM 09 Sep 11

If you have saved them to a CDR then you cannot delete them as the disks are Record once only. If you have saved them to a CDR/W which can be written to many times then you can delete them although you may have to untick Read only in the files Properties.

lotvic 19:02 PM 09 Sep 11

All files on a CD-R (or DVD-R) are read only. Think about it, you have permanently burnt the files onto the CD (or DVD)

You will need to use a CD-RW (or DVD-RW) if you want to start erasing and re-burning.

Truronian 19:36 PM 09 Sep 11

The CDs are marked Verbatim 12x CD-RW. When I click on Properties a box pops up showing a green blob in the "Read - only" box. if I uncheck that and click on Apply, I get a further message telling me "An erroe occurred applying Attributes to the file. Access is denied". What now, please?

chub_tor 20:38 PM 09 Sep 11

You need to take ownership of the files click Here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites