Reactivate FREESERVE account

Charlie37 15:47 04 May 04

After having to re-install Windows 98 earlier today, I`m having trouble getting my emails from my Freeserve account. When I follow the links to reactivate my account I`m only presented with a .Wannabe account not my Freeserve one. From what I`ve read on the net today if you`re prepared to wait on their phone line they will sort it out for you.

Can anyone tell me what I should enter for: 1) Mail Account Name
2) Incoming Mail POP3
3) Outgoing Mail SMPT

Charlie

mammak 15:55 04 May 04

Hi charlie i think its along the lines of
account name freeserveanytime if that is what you use' pop3.freeserve.com incoming'
outgoing should be smpt.freeserve.com

GaT7 16:23 04 May 04

Your Freeserve mail account name would be everything AFTER the @. This is unique to you. If you cannot remember it look into the introductory email they sent when you joined, or open OE & have a look at an email you've received or sent on your Freeserve account.

smpt.freeserve.com should be smtp.freeserve.com - notice the difference - t before p, as in smTp. Otherwise it will not work.

GaT7 16:32 04 May 04

Thanks crx1600 - missed that one!

Charlie37 18:48 04 May 04

Thanks to everyone for their help..sorted.

Cheers

Charlie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…