Artylady 12:48 02 Jul 03

Can you help, have the free versian of zone alarm and l keep getting screens telling me l need a update, when l click ok nothing happens.
Have spent ages at the website just going round in circles and have got nowhere.
As its a free fire wall didn't think you got any updates so if you don't should l uninstall this versian that l got in feb and download another.

Big Elf 13:00 02 Jul 03

I've had notification of updates to the program and when I clicked the link I saved the file to my hard drive and opened it from there. If you do decide to uninstall I would do it after you have downloaded the latest version and disconnected rather than before.

Valvegrid 13:02 02 Jul 03

I think there is a box to tick to stop ZoneAlarm checking for updates, if you right mouse click on the system tray icon and have a look through the properties.

Sorry I can't be more explicit but I'm at work and ZoneAlarm is at home.

Artylady 13:12 02 Jul 03

I can't save to file as l don't even get the update, l click that l do and thats the end of it.
Have you got the free versian of zone alarm.Do you know were you can get it from zone alarm site as l have been looking all morning.
Sent a email to them and was sent to FAQ but there was nothing there about it.

jnevill 13:20 02 Jul 03

You need to open Zone Alarm, click on the preference tab and click check for updates. It will then connect you to the updates available. When you download the update save it to desktop (or other convenient location). Once downloaded double click the file and it should install.

Big Elf 13:23 02 Jul 03

I'm using the Pro version. I just clicked on the update button and it took me straight to the download for that. I also went to click here and was able to download the free version but couldn't track down the update. Maybe your idea of downloading the latest version then removing the old version before installing the new one is the quickest solution unless someone can actually post the link for the update.

NICK ADSL UK 13:29 02 Jul 03

hi everyone do not uninstall the old version just click on the update in overview then preferences. that is all you need to do. if you get stuck you can find the file here
click here;jsessionid=29UKzJzPy0p61DjotawE1kCBqGPdJ6DrHVYNcwthDn5TWLW8gluq!-1991406275!-1062696905!7551!7552!-983704499!-1062696904!7551!7552

Artylady 13:31 02 Jul 03

I have been doing what you said all morning and the screen comes on for update, l click ok and then nothing happens, have tried exactly what you said.

NICK ADSL UK 13:32 02 Jul 03

reference the above post that is the lastest version

Artylady 13:36 02 Jul 03

Got stuck so clicked your link but just got the page to download a new zone alarm, so then copy and pasted the url and came up with aol saying they couldn't find it.Jill

jnevill 13:14 14 Jul 03

Use the link on Nick's message to download zonealarm and then install. When you try to install Zonealarm it will ask if it is only an update or a fresh install - go for update. Good luck. John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…