Re XP updates

aboutit 16:22 14 Oct 04

I have read the previous post concerning this and I went to control add/remove show updates and all I could see was Windows media format runtime,winodws media player 10, and XP SP2 I then went to search for the number given and all it brought up was one file with just eula in it. I can`t find anymore updates or anything on my computer. Is this o.k.?

bertiecharlie 16:38 14 Oct 04

When you go to Search\All Files & Folders click on More Advanced Options and tick Search Hidden Files and Folders.

aboutit 16:40 14 Oct 04

I have and no more show. I have been to the update site and checked my history of installation according to that I should have 4 updates but 3 failed they are 816093,835732,828741 how can I install thse updates?

bertiecharlie 17:32 14 Oct 04

The last two updates you listed are included in SP2. click here for the full list. (You have to keep scrolling down the list as the numerical order starts and re-starts). Can you check your first number, I found 816073 on the list but not 816093.

There was an old update numbered 816093 so I'll post a link to it if that's the correct number.

aboutit 17:49 14 Oct 04

yes I have checked those thankyou. The number is 816093 would apreciate link thankyou

bertiecharlie 17:54 14 Oct 04

click here
From bits of it I've read : "The present Microsoft VM has been updated to include a fix for this newly reported security vulnerability. This version of VM includes all previously released fixes to the VM." "This update will only install on computers that already have an earlier version of the Microsoft VM installed".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…