Re- Windows Mail,

alanstan 17:47 27 Jul 10

Hi, Could anyone help me please?? I have been receiving Windows Mail for a long time but all of a sudden a box has come up asking me for my "user name" and "password",

I know you should keep a record of these things but I honestly cannot remember having a user name or pasword so I have no clue what they are which is a pain because I am waiting for some mail,

I can still send mail but not receive any,

Any idea what I can do ?? thanks Alan

Technotiger 17:53 27 Jul 10

User name is usually the first part of your email address, or sometimes it is the full email address.

Download and run the free version of click here then click on Passwords in left-hand column, you might find the password there.

alanstan 18:14 27 Jul 10

I have clicked on the passwords it shows everything but not my Windows Mail, there is nothing at all for windows mail, I am sure I never had a password or user name,

I have also tried clicking on windows mail in the file section but only shows a Original file name of "WinMail.exe.mui..

Technotiger 18:21 27 Jul 10

Try a System Restore back a day or two to when it was working ok.

sot 18:24 27 Jul 10

It might be that your mail account is with Virgin Media, and you have to update your account with a wee program fix that they send you via e-mail, or you can go to their wedsite to do it. Just a thought,

alanstan 18:26 27 Jul 10

I am with Virgin Media, I will try for updates

birdface 18:26 27 Jul 10

username is usually the e-mail address that you use on it.
If you forgot your password.Just click on forgot password and they should guide you trough restoring it.or changing it.

sot 18:33 27 Jul 10

Your user name & password should be somewhere in the Virgin Media package that you get from them when you join them. I got that message last night but it went away within a few refreshes. Tip, don't muck about with the user name & password, as the chances are they are correct, just another thought.

alanstan 18:51 27 Jul 10

Thanks Guys(and Girls) did an update on Virgin and it came back on...........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…