Re: Windows live messenger Problems

tobyjug2007 11:57 09 Apr 09

Hi people,
wonder if anyone can advise me, every time i reboot my PC, my email address (hotmail)plus password disappears, its been happening for around two weeks now, most annoying, am running XP with service pack 3 installed all updates are up to date...GGGrrrrr.

Thanks in advance

Ventad 14:13 09 Apr 09

I run vista but if you go to Tools/Internet Options/General tab/and untick delete browsing on exit then click apply.

tobyjug2007 14:54 09 Apr 09

Cheers for the info, but i cant find a General Tab in Internet options, i presume XP is different from Vista in this respect?

Ventad 15:27 09 Apr 09

have a look at the pages available and look for browsing history and see if there is a little box labled delete browsing history on exit.

Ventad 16:09 09 Apr 09

Failing my last (above). You might have a better responce by publishing your problem in Helproom.

OTT_Buzzard 16:24 11 Apr 09

It's stating the obvious, but are the 'Remember Me' and 'Remember Password' boxes checked on the messenger login window?

You may need to click on the small 'down' arrow to show these options, depending on what version of messenger you are using.

Sorry if this post is patronising!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…