re Vodafone mobile

star23 10:42 03 Dec 05

I just recently bought a phone off ebay.
But there a problem that I'm unsure about.
When I switch on the phone, it keeps searching network then going on to emergancy calls only?.
I'm not sure how to solve it as the seller did state the problem to me before sale.
Does anybody know how to overcome this?.
Do you think it needs a new sim card?.

from Sarah

PaulB2005 10:44 03 Dec 05

It sounds like it's locked to a particular network and then SIM you have in not suitable. Sometimes PAYG SIMs can't be used in contract phone seither.

ACOLYTE 10:45 03 Dec 05

Is the phone locked?,sometimes a phone will do this if the sim card has been locked by putting the pin code in wrong 3 times,it can usually be unlocked by contacting the service provider your sim belongs,eg, BT,vodaphone they will give you a PUK code that will unlock it.

reclaimjack 10:45 03 Dec 05

get it unlocked and get a new sim.. the phone as been sold so if its a contract sim it will have been barred. if its locked to sim its spare parts only

ACOLYTE 10:47 03 Dec 05

If it is as PaulB2005 has said then you may be unlock the phone to any network costs about £10.

star23 11:19 03 Dec 05

Its defenatly on vodafone pay as you go, as the seller sent me an invoice of were he originally puchused the phone, from a catalogue.
I put my old vodafone sim card in and it worked ok, but then at first went to voafone uk, then started searching for network.
He also sent me all the pay as you go documents.
It cost him over £300 according to the invoice so defently pay as you go?.
By the way the model of the phone is a sharp GX - 10

star23 11:21 03 Dec 05

I've just purchused a brand new sim card for the phone, I'll let you know how I get on with that

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:41 03 Dec 05

Unlock: Sharp GX-10 unlock solution With Sim
Card (of locked network) in phone: *01763*6371# and press M. In menu go to:
SETTINGS->SELECT->SECURITY then in Security menu:MEP LOCKS->SELECT insert default
security code 0000 In menu go to NETWORK and
choose DEACTIVATE press SELECT and insert the generated code.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:43 03 Dec 05
  star23 12:58 03 Dec 05

I've tried the unlock solution, typed in the number.
But when typed in the security code it said incurect code?.

PaulB2005 13:03 03 Dec 05

Then the previous owner changed it and you need to ask them for the correct code.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…