Re: Urgent pc help please help me!! xxx :(

twigy2009 10:12 10 Jan 09

Hi there.

Yesterday I reset my administrator password on my acer aspire sa80 2gb. Unfotunately i have now forgotten what it is and i am unable to get in!!! The pc came from my brother and although i have some sort of acer restart disc i dont have anything else. Actually not even sure if that disc is just blank as in back up? How can I fix it? Can i blank it out somehow and start again, or do i have to buy a new base unit? Also windows may not be right as its my brothers so might not me a valid version well can't find anything in the box!

xx

woodchip 10:19 10 Jan 09

Try tapping F8 as its starting then choose Safe Mode from list, if you get to windows you could go to Control Panel Accounts nd change it or delete it. Also System Restore may put things back to as they was before

birdface 10:48 10 Jan 09

If you can get into safe mode maybe this might work.click here

Les28 14:26 10 Jan 09

I've used this service before, free if you don't mind waiting 72 hours, but I found if I kept checking on the results page during this time period a little bit more of the password was revealed each time I checked, in your case it may be enough for you to remember it.

click here

MAJ 15:06 10 Jan 09

If it's XP you're talking about (you didn't say) and you can get your hands on an XP CD, this should work for you. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…