Re: previous thread - no email service on NTL

pj123 10:21 31 Oct 03

Got no email service on NTL Broadband again. See previous thread click here

Been sat on the fone for 15 minutes listening to muzak, finally spoke to the help desk who said "Sorry you really need the BB Technical Helpdesk, I'll transfer you" Now listening to the muzak again. Anyone else suffering from loss of email service on NTL. Their website Status Report says "Problem Resolved" for my area on the 28th October.

Valvegrid 10:26 31 Oct 03

Are you able to retrieve your emails off the web instead of OE? I sometimes find that if I give it a 'kick up the pants' on the web then try OE6 it seems to work.

NTL always seems to work on square wheels anyway.

Valvegrid 10:27 31 Oct 03

BTW I'm in East London.

john-232317 10:28 31 Oct 03

Someones telling porkies !

Telefonicas been having trouble as well, but then it has been raining slightly in Spain, like about two meters in six days....;-)

Valvegrid 10:31 31 Oct 03

You're surfing then? ;-)

pj123 10:37 31 Oct 03

Got a bit further on. Now found that I can send emails but can't receive. Every time I try I just get a window that says "please enter your user ID and password for this server", I do that and about a minute or so later up comes the same window again, and again and again. Still haven't got through on the fone yet either.

pj123 10:43 31 Oct 03

More now. Just got a response on the fone, but it was a recorded message saying "We apologise etc...... Some NTL BB customers may be experiencing sending and receiving emails. Our engineers are working on it and will resolve it as soon as possible". Or words to that effect. Pity they can't update their Status Report on the website then.

john-232317 11:07 31 Oct 03

I have lived in a few countries during my sixty years, including Mile End... lol.

I have never seen rain like it, and i am not even on the plains....;-)

pj123 14:40 31 Oct 03

Even more info. My partner also has an email address on this service. I have just tried her emails and can send and receive with no problem. I think I will have to change my email address to hers, (might mean a sex change though). Still can't get through to anyone intelligent enough to speak to. Does anyone know a telephone number I could use to actually speak to a person?

Alan Ryan 15:02 31 Oct 03

The NTL game plan:

The whole point of making you wait for an hour listening to ridiculous messages and music you hate before getting to speak to one of NTL's
"advisers", is to put people off repeating the experience.

pj123 16:56 31 Oct 03

Alan Ryan, yes I know what you mean. Good job it is a free call for me as I have NTL cable phone. I am going to have to get one of those units that allow you to put the phone down but still hear what's going on so that you can pick it when a "real person" answers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…