Re-post for a good cause..

spikeychris 20:21 12 May 03

Below is the start of thread that is helping find a cure for Cancer and other nasty things...

A group called United Devices is performing drug research into a cure for cancer. This costs you nothing to join and is a small program that runs in the background on your computer whilst you work or as a screensaver if you prefer.

With over 19,000 registered users this forum should be able to make a huge contribution. So click on this link and download the program. You could be the one to succeed.

click here

jerryc -----------------------

IT'S FREE so why not...

Chris

Djohn 20:53 12 May 03

Good cause, I'll give it a go. J.

AMD 4 ever 20:55 12 May 03

I have been using for a while now. I whole heartedly recommend. My points is 2423.

spikeychris 21:08 12 May 03

click here for one or two more posts concerning and explaining this a bit better....

Chris

Pesala 21:17 12 May 03

Looks like it might be worthwhile. I have my PC on most of the day.

otubby1 21:28 12 May 03

Forgive me if I sound a little thick, but how does this programme, running in the background, help to cure cancer? I can tell you are all enthused about it, but you've lost me :S

Kryten 21:29 12 May 03

I have been doing this since the forum Editor started it in april 2001. The only problem at the moment is it is running Smallpox and if you don't have a good spec the machine it will slow to a crawl.

My old AMD 500mhz K6 could not handle it. I have now got a new system and re-installed it last week, and it is now flying through them

spikeychris 21:33 12 May 03

click here no gimmicks, no promotions, no spy-ware. This is one of those Honest a goodness sights...:o)

Chris

spikeychris 21:37 12 May 03

Hi Kryten, I've just checked the specs...

Recommended minimum system specifications to install/run the UD Agent

Intel Pentium™ processor or equivalent
At least 48 MB RAM

600 MB Hard Disk Drive with at least 100 MB available for use

The ability to display 8-bit graphics at 800x600 resolution
An Internet connection

Operating System: Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows 2000 or Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 5.

Chris

otubby1 21:45 12 May 03

I don't know if you saw my earlier thread but at the moment I'm having trouble with too much running in the background as it is, causing me graphic and sound problems. But as it sounds like a good cause, I'll make a deal with you, I'll download the programme and, as soon as I'm sorted, I'll install it and try to catch you guys up.

Kryten 21:51 12 May 03

My AMD K6 2 500mhz (PentumII beater) 256meg ram, 16meg graphics card, and 30gig Hard drive,Windows ME, was running UD quite happily until the Smallpox tasks started About 8 weeks ago then my memory kept de-fragmenting even with software running to stop it. Stopped UD from running and the system ran quite happily again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…