re- pc crashing, search and email problem HELP

jade25 15:53 01 Apr 08

Put pc on this morning went to email and its google so l did a search at the top of page and by mistake l clicked search email instead of web, l then couldn't type more than one word on email so it was going down page then it started crashing, got it back but the last time it crashed it wouldn't take password for ages but finally got in, haven't typed any email in case it went again as could only type one world in search.
After last crash it came back with google caculater coming on screen but there was lots of them.
Can you update googlemail.
Have Packard Bell vista, media just don't know what to do, l have a spyware scan going on at the monment
Jade

jade25 16:14 01 Apr 08

I forgot to add that computer is trying to lock me out,screen comes on telling me that and is keeping the dots on the bit type in then says its locking me out, got back to get in touch as l would not give up and it worked.
Jade

Technotiger 17:05 01 Apr 08

Assuming XP - have you tried a System Restore back to before this happened?

Technotiger 17:06 01 Apr 08

Oops, just noticed you have Vista - but I guess Vista also has the System Restore option.

Technotiger 17:09 01 Apr 08

Comprehensive instructions for System Restore in Vista ... click here

jade25 17:23 01 Apr 08

Thanks, have never done one on vista and had it a year, used it a lot on XP.
I was wondering if it was a virus, still have spywarer scanning, it takes hours but the main things seems to be googles tool bar that l use for for searching above my email, kept away since last crashes and its not crashed since
Jade

tullie 17:29 01 Apr 08

Have you done both a virus scan and spyware scan?Any spyware scan shouldent take too long,mine takes about 15 minutes,depending on settings.

jade25 17:41 01 Apr 08

I use super anti spyware and it always takes hours, its been on 3 hours now and its not on the full one just main places.
virus was ok and use AVG.
With it starting in email and then search above l was thinking of a vrus but its now been on two hours without crashing but have kept away from email and search. With it locking me out so many times this morning l felt like it was protecting itself,
Jade

tullie 17:46 01 Apr 08

It shouldent be taking anything near that long,suggest you have problems with your pc,maybe RAM?Hope someone can sort it for you?

jade25 19:34 01 Apr 08

Will it be ok to run system restore with one of you saying problem could be ram, on the the geek artlcle its says it can cause a lot more problems if you have not much, l haven't used it on vista since l got my pc a year ago. It was fine on xp but no one seems to have a good word about it,
Jade

Technotiger 19:37 01 Apr 08

Hmm, sounds as if you are a bit short on RAM, just how much RAM have you got?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…