RE: Outlook 2000 Problems

Seoirse 12:34 12 Nov 04

I am using Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP computer. I installed a program called Ella for Outlook. This is a spam program to get rid of spam in your inbox. Ever since, it has deleted all my emails. However I had remembered that I had deleted the .PST files into the recycle bin and then I retrieved them. So I went along to import them and Outlook threw up some error messages such as something about your profile being changed etc. It went well. Again my emails got deleted why, I do not know. So the next time I tried to import it would not work at all. It threw up a specific message which is as follows: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook." I have tried restarting Outlook and the computer but to no avail. PS My IOLFree email account is refusing to display the new email. I went along to Microsoft’s support website and they recommended me to go to the mail applet in the Control Panel and select the services tab but there is no such thing. I was then told to scan the .PST files with the Inbox Repairer tool and no errors found any where. I thought for a minute as I have it on Internet Mail Only option I then tried to change it to Corporate version within Outlook to see if I could get the services tab in the Mail applet. I have uninstalled Ella and Desktop Text from O2 just in case it was those. What was so amazing to me was that when I created a new Windows XP user account everything was back to normal. But what I would like to find out is what in my old account was causing this. Currently I have about 700MB worth of data stored under my account. Could this be a problem or my .PST file is about 1.5GB in size, could this be also a problem. When I changed to Corporate profile I now get the following error which is as follows “Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version. This could have been caused by installing other messaging software. Pleases reinstall Outlook.” When I selected the mail applet I now get the following error message: “You need more memory or system resources. Close some windows and try again.” I have 256MB RAM and only 3 windows opened. 31/2 Floppy, Control Panel and a word Document. Before hand Windows Installer kept coming up. As you can see I have had a lot of trouble with outlook over the past number of weeks. Any solution would be gratefully appreciated. PS Outlook worked perfect with my previous Windows XP user account and that is a limited account

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…