Re- Norton Anti Virus

alanstan 14:48 16 Sep 06

Hello,
My 60 day trial with E-Trust expired last week so I purchased the special offer Norton Internet Security and my PC(which is quite powerfull) has slowed down quite a lot since I installed it,
is this normal?? if so I am not very impressed,
Me being a novice thought I was getting a bargain and I also thought I was buying the best,

Is it Norton or is it my PC?? thanks

VoG II 14:53 16 Sep 06

It is probably Norton which is a known resource hog.

You would probably be better off using the free AVG click here and ZA click here

You would need to remove Norton before installing them click here=

ArrGee 14:55 16 Sep 06

It's a pity because, in all Norton comes across as quite a good product. However you'll notice a number of people on this forum who absolutely despise it, including myself.

You'll also find that a large number of members here use Avast or AVG as a better (and free) alternative.

Whilst this has not answered your query, many people have found that Norton is very intrusive and tends to considerably lower the speed of the machine.

j3nks 14:57 16 Sep 06

Probably not what you want to hear but norton does have that reputation, but should be no different to the trial unless there are more features on the purchased version. Maybe a norton user can tell you what features to turn off or configure

Personaly I would not touch Norton with a barge pole but thats just my opinion. Tried a trial once and same thing PC slowed down thats with a 2.5 gig of ram!

wee eddie 14:58 16 Sep 06

It is true that Norton slows your PC down.

As a package Norton, probably, offers the best on the market. It works well in all departments, others Programs are better in one or the other, but rarely overall.

If you are worried about speed, disconnect from the net, and turn all the parts of Norton off. Otherwise the PC can still do the job a great deal faster than you can.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…