//some 3rd party need geo

Re MS security CD

User-324448 15:38 30 May 04

Well folks its installed and up to now no problems, there are however 17 more downloads at least but as they are large and my line slow I will wait untill the next CD comes out. Thanks for your help on this matter everyone.

shizzy 22:11 30 May 04

Our dialup is slow too but you really need the critical updates installed for your security against Sasser etc.

hugh-265156 01:14 31 May 04

i would still get any listed as critical or security related as above.the rest you can leave.

leave the computer switched on and download them overnight.

save them and burn to disc for future reference to save time later.you will need to click here

Dan the Confused 01:18 31 May 04

Agree with Shizzy, although a firewall should protect you against any worm attack.

If I were you, I would begin downloading the updates and then go off and do something else until it finishes.

Dan the Confused 01:19 31 May 04

Slow update :(

User-324448 09:35 31 May 04

I will do as suggested leave the download loading while we watch the Telly at night.
I like the idea of saving to either a CD or in my case the 2nd HDD but I would still hve problems using them, on balance I will let the computer do it for me. You are a great bunch Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…