Re missing 'D' Drive

Shutterbug 09:21 23 Jan 03
  Shutterbug 09:21 23 Jan 03

It is a second hard drive and is recognised in the bios when booting up, but it does not appear in windows explorer or in my computer. The O.S. is windows ME, the motherboard is SOYO dragon platinum, AMD 1200. I hope that is al you need to let me know how to solve the problem. Thank you.
Shuutterbug

BRYNIT 09:26 23 Jan 03

have you formatted HD

Jane doe 11:56 23 Jan 03

just a thought but I had what I think is a similar problem and it was down to Power Tools. Im not techinical at all but the bios could see HD but nothing appeared in Explorer or my computer other than 'ESDI'. Removing Power Tools solved it. Jane

scotty 12:16 23 Jan 03

Is it a newly fitted second drive? Has it been formatted?

I had similar symptoms when I fitted a second drive. I used Partition Magic to format it and then Windows recognised it.

P.S. Shutterbug, If you go to the foot of a page you will see a "Jump to" option. Select My postings from the drop down menu and you will be able to find your original posting. It is much easier to keep track of things if all posts go to the same thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…