re Lost Pictures, Sorry forget to ask....

Maryp 13:27 12 Nov 05

How do I stop things being lost on a floppy? someone mentioned opening a small cover to prevent losing things.

VoG II 13:29 12 Nov 05

On the back of the floppy, little square tab, bottom right hand side. Open = Write Protected.

Hpwever, floppies aren't the most secure of media - always keep a backup.

jack 13:32 12 Nov 05

On the bottom edge [opposite the shutter] a small slide thingy find.
Push up tp close pull down to open.
I think- play to find out - long time since I used a floppy

Carbonara 13:34 12 Nov 05

From memory, and it's yonks since I last used a floppy, there should be a little 'slider' in one corner of the floppy. sliding this will make it write protected, thus not able to be written to until you move the slider back again.

pj123 13:34 12 Nov 05

Look at the floppy from the front. Top left corner should be a cut-out. If you can see through it the disk is unprotected. Turn it over and there will be a slider. Pull it down to cover the hole and it is now protected. You won't be able to save anything else on it but you can still read from it.

VoG II 13:52 12 Nov 05

A diagram click here

pj123 13:56 12 Nov 05

Sorry, I told you a lie. Just had a look at a floppy and the cut-on the left should be see through. The cut-on the right should be blocked for unprotected, so slide the tab up so that you can see through it. It is now protected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…