//some 3rd party need geo

re-= laptop freedom

Jade 14 G 13:38 12 May 05

I want to buy a laptop but l am a woman that just switches a pc on and l teach on the net but haven't a clue about all these words l keep reading. I always except them to work :)
I only have dial up and cable, tryed broadband but its terrible in my area.
I would like as much freedom as l can have as l will be travelling with it.
So can anyone tell me or point me to somehere that l can understand what different things mean so l know where is the best place to buy what l am looking for.

TomJerry 17:02 13 May 05

What do you really want?

Do you want to have net access when you travel with Lappy?

It is very expensive business. If you do not have deep pocket, forget about it.

If you have not very deep pocket, but luck enough to travel in certain places. You can get a lappy with wireless capability and access net when you around a WIFI hotspot. It is not cheap. You can normally find them in airport, train station and also some Starbuck Coffee.

If you have deep pocket, you can get BB access through Mobile network, Vodaphone, Orage and other operaters offer this service. The charge is over £100 a month and you need to buy a speail adaptor which is about £100.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…