Re- Internet Security

alanstan 17:44 16 Dec 10

Hi, My present I/Security runs out this weekend and I have purchased McFee full internet security to replace my old one, but the I.T guy at work has told me it is not reliable and lets in viruses that it should not,

Is this so ?? beacause my wife buy`s lots of things of the net useing her credit/debit cards,

I suppose I should have stuck with my old I/Security but I have bought it now,

Your comments would be a help, thanks

Pineman100 17:50 16 Dec 10

Macafee Internet Security is a well-known and reputable product. You could have endless debates about whether it's the best (for example, I favour Norton) but the product wouldn't be as widely regarded and used as it is, if it was unreliable.

There's no such thing as 100% security, but as internet security suites go, I should think Macafee is as good as most.

birdface 21:32 16 Dec 10

No Security Suite will stop all problems.
If there was one everyone would be buying it.
My remedy is any free anti-virus and one pay for Anti-Malware program that gives full time protection.
As you already have McAfee use that and maybe pay the one off payment for Malwarebytes Pro.
I have never used Malwarebytes Pro but it does give you full time protection and is about the cheapest to buy.
I use the pay for Emisoft Anti Malware which I like but a few others don't.
Years ago the biggest headache was Virus's but now it is Malware Botnets Etc so you need protection against that.
Like I said no Security Suite is going to stop everything So you need extra protection.

gazzaho 16:00 17 Dec 10

As the others have stated, no one product is failsafe. What I do is try to get an idea of the products weaknesses (through magazine reviews for instance) and bolster these areas with additional programs. Be aware however that only one firewall/anti virus program should be installed, any more will lead to conflicts as one program competes with the other.

I use SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster along with my F-Secure suite, and Web of Trust for checking browser links when using search engines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…