Re-Installing XP Home

blue_cafe 10:17 12 Sep 03

I have a shop supplied system running XP Home SP1, I dont have the original CD Rom but have got 6 floppies from microsofts download site that I copied y'day, can I use these to re-install XP Home, what about a product key?

brian990 10:25 12 Sep 03

the key is usually printed on a label stuck on your m/c

Lozzy 10:28 12 Sep 03

These disks are Startup disks only for XP not the actual program.. Go back to where you got the system and ask them for an original XP CD.

blue_cafe 10:30 12 Sep 03

I have the key, but if the original cd rom is (say) 5oomb how can 6 floppies (say) 8mb install XP Operating System..... can it do that before I make the leap and start these floppies, thanks.

Mike574 12:24 12 Sep 03

As Lozzy said, those floppies are only for start up in case you can't boot from cd. You'll need a recovery cd or full version that might/might not have come with your system when you purchased it. It you don't have one then you should contact the company you bought your system from.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…