RE-installing XP

mikegm7 21:26 27 Jun 06

Today I needed to reinstall XP home. Is there generally a maximum amount of times you can re-install from the disk,only I have done a few reinstalls in the past,(came with my laptop)only the install got as far as finalising but then does not finish. (tried 3 times) I am thinking of buying Suse Linux (a lot cheaper). Will my present software ie Roxio Creator,and Photoshop Elements load and run OK with Suse?
Thanks

ade.h 21:30 27 Jun 06

I can't state for sure what IS the cause of the failed installation, but it's not due to the number of times that it has been re-installed.

terryf 21:54 27 Jun 06

I think you will find (but am not sure) that programs designed for windows run with windows os and programs designed for Linux run with Linux os and never the twain shal meet!

terryf 21:56 27 Jun 06

Ps what sort of re-install are you trying, complete clean install or repair install?

ade.h 22:13 27 Jun 06

Not a repair, I hope. Clean installations are more reliable from the off, both in installation and in operation.

VoG II 22:19 27 Jun 06

Well, I'll go against the grain yet again (not a poet but did not know it) and recommend a repair click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…