Re-installing Windows XP problems

araine 22:15 30 Jul 08

My PC will not boot properly up so I have just attempted to re-install Windows XP. After a few minutes of running the Windows XP setup disk, I get a blue screen and the message "Setup is starting Windows".
so far so good! Sadly, I cannot get past this screen, nothing happens after that for well over an hour. Can anyone give me any advice?

Strawballs 22:18 30 Jul 08

Try cleaning the disc.

Giggle n' Bits 00:16 31 Jul 08

Also when runnign a Factory recovery you must remove Printers, and other external devices like Web Cams, other things just keep screen, keyboard & mouse. As install may get confused and try to install drivers which arn't available.

Also if you have changed any of your hardware like a AGP card, upgrade hardware it may need to be reversed before trying again. Another tip is is you have a Card Reader, then unplug this as all your Drives when complete may be out of drive order like a Card reader may go to C:

And as strawballs M8t says clean the disk and also make sure the drive is working correctly.

Ditch999 16:36 31 Jul 08

You might need to install a SATA driver when setup starts by pressing F6 and putting a floppy disc in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos