Re-installing Windows XP Home

LJM 13:31 25 Feb 03

I am considering re-installing Windows XP Home as I have a number of problems with my PC. I remember seeing an article from the Microsoft knowledge base about re-intsalling from within an exsiting installation and a clean install from the XP CD-ROM. Have looked for the article, but cannot find it. Does anyone know what number it was please? Or are there any other articles that will give me the low down on this. In particular, I will want to re-format my HDD. Does this happen automatically in a clean install when you boot from the XP CD?

« Ravin » 13:43 25 Feb 03

to put it briefly , insert your windows xp cd and restart. boot your computer from the cd and the win xp setup starts. choose to install a new copy and select to intall it on the partition where you've installed xp now. next when you get the option to format the disk choose yes and format it in ntfs and continue with setup.

make sure you back up all important data before you do this!

Legolas 13:50 25 Feb 03

Have you considered repairing your present installation of XP rather than a clean install this site click here will show how to repair or do a clean install hope it helps.

« Ravin » 13:50 25 Feb 03

i rather than me fumbling around trying to explain a xp installation you should have a look here!

click here

AndySD 14:53 25 Feb 03

click here

or do a repair installation click here:

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos